Founded in 2001, Mill City Environmental (MCE) is an MBE/DBE corporation specializing in environmental waste management and remediation services for public and private sector clients throughout the United States.
Backed by our technical capabilities, regulatory compliance knowledge, and a stellar multi-disciplined team we efficiently and effectively address today’s complex environmental issues.
Meet Our Team
Through our service offerings MCE’s mission is to help our clients achieve their strategic business and environmental objectives with timely, cost-competitive solutions.
In support of this mission, we’ve assembled a team of highly qualified, multi-disciplinary professionals from the public and private sector that collectively bring a wide variety of environmental cleanup experience. Our goal-focused approach including consultation, planning, risk management and project management, coupled with our team’s talent, creativity, and practical experience, ensure we’re able to deliver consistent results and impressive outcomes for every client.
Brian L. Chapman
Founder & President
Brian Chapman has spent over 35 years working in the environmental services industry. He began his career at Clean Harbors Environmental Services where he supported their Groundwater Treatment Systems, UST/AST Remediation, Compliance Programs, Industrial Maintenance, and Emergency Response and Hazardous Waste Management divisions. He then went on to serve as a Business Development Director for Tetra Tech EC, Inc.
He launched Mill City Environmental (MCE) in 2001 in his hometown of Lowell Massachusetts. Mr. Chapman quickly grew MCE by sub-contracting and directly servicing clients in both the public and private sector. Over the past 22 years, Mr. Chapman has led MCE to be a premier supplier of hazardous waste and environmental services.
- 35 years in Environmental Services - Disaster Recovery, Chemical ER and related restoration projects - Specialized training/expertise in chemical, and radiological hazards - Expertise in technical and administrative requirements of rapid response-type contracts - Contractor with USEPA, US Navy, USACE and VA - Training in USACE CQC - Asbestos Supervisor in multiple states - Massachusetts Supplier Diversity Office training - Bachelor’s Degree in Geology from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Julie T. Davies
Senior Program Manager
Julie Davies has over 30 years of project management experience in the environmental and waste management fields including managing project and compliance activities for major manufacturing companies and prime DOD and DOE contractors. While supporting these contracts, Ms. Davies’s primary focus was to ensure compliance with environmental laws regarding the management of highly regulated wastes including explosive and radioactive materials, and project management in support of those goals.
She has experience with the regulations of multiple states and a wide variety of environmental projects including Transportation and Disposal, Management of Highly Regulated Wastes, and Hazardous Waste Disposal Coordination. Ms. Davies specializes in project planning and resource management for large scale, multi-vendor projects, and coordination of resources in support of prime contracts.
- 30 years EHS & Project Management - Hazardous Chemical Emergency Response - Contractor with EPA, US Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, & USACE - Large-scale, multi-vendor projects - Training in USACE Contractor Quality Control - Asbestos Inspector in multiple states - Master’s Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Tufts University
Ms. Coulter manages all comprehensive financial functions for MCE including Reconciliation, Auditing, and Collection. As MCE’s Financial Controller, she’s responsible for preparing the company’s precise financial statements in support of transparency and accuracy, and empowering the leadership team with financial strategies focused on growth. Ms. Coulter also plays a critical role in ensuring MCE’s compliance and fulfillment for all government contracts, including GSA and U.S. Navy agreements.
- 6+ years holding various financial management and operations positions with both non-profit and for-profit businesses in and around the Boston area - Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting Standards and Month End Close Process, Data Analysis - Executive MBA, Southern New Hampshire University; BA, Leslie University
Accounting & Finance Manager
As MCE’s dedicated Accounting and Finance Manager Ms. Leistikow oversees the accounting activities for Mill City’s business operations that includes maintaining accurate financial records for both Accounts Payable and Receivable and managing relationships with customers and vendors. With a proven track record of optimizing financial processes and fostering strategic financial decision-making, Ms. Leistikow plays a pivotal role in ensuring the financial health, stability, and success of the company.
- 25+ years in financial management, strategy, and analysis - BS in Accounting Upper Iowa University; Associates in Accounting, Hawkeye Community College
Financial & Operational Logistics Coordinator
Ms. Chapman holds a multi-faceted role with MCE focused on the company’s day-to-day operation. From office management, and supporting the intricacies of Accounts Payable and Receivables, to playing a critical role coordinating proposals and supporting Julie Davies with project management, Ms. Chapman’s contributions are indispensable toward ensuring MCE executes each client project with precision and efficiency.
- 5+ years’ experience in Administrative Expertise in Financial and Project Coordination - BA in Sociology from College of William & Mary; Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Cities & Communities from Harvard University
Awards & Recognition
MCE is proud to have earned recognition from the City of Lowell and from the Massachusetts Governor’s office with the Inner-City Investment Award. For his efforts, MCE President, Brian Chapman was named the 2012 SBA Minority Small Business Person of the Year for the state of Massachusetts and for the New England Region 1, and, in 2014, Mr. Chapman was named The Lowell Sun’s Man of the Year.
In June of 2023, MCE earned a Diversity Champion award from Avetta®, the leading provider of supply chain risk management software. MCE earned this prestigious award due to the company’s culture of safety, inclusivity and welcoming to all people. MCE has also earned an accreditation by the Better Business Bureau for its ethical and reliable operation.
In his hometown of Lowell Massachusetts, Mr. Chapman sits on the boards of financial, health care and educational institutions to set an example and make a difference for MBE/DBE’s. Currently Mr. Chapman serves the boards of The Boys & Girls Club, Lowell Parks and Conservation Trust, The Lowell Collegiate Charter School, The Greater Lowell Community Foundation, the Lowell Five Cent Savings Bank and Tufts Medical Center’s Lowell General Hospital.
In addition to helping our clients achieve their environmental objectives, we're also committed to supporting our hometown with community-driven growth and investment opportunity programs.